domingo, 1 de septiembre de 2019

PEASANT TORTILLA (TORTILLA PAISANA)

Sometimes people says it's impossible to understand me when I speak. It may be true, or I simply  use a different language than my fellow citizens.

That's the reason why I'm going to talk very clear in this post, to avoid anyone can't get its meaning.

Talking about fellow citizens whose meaning in Spanish is conciudadanos or paisanos, my mind has begun to work with the words and with the meals, meals are the goal of all my thoughts, meals and drinks. So, the result of my toughts drove me to a marvelous recipe that play with the word PEASANT (I prefer this one better than country folk, though folk sounds really good to me) and SPANISH OMELETTE, better called TORTILLA as my English teacher Astrid told me. 

I hazard a guess that none of you had been able to imagine the reason of this strange post is that I promise her to publish a story in English (or something similiar to this language).

Briefly, my mad and fat mind has mixed Tortilla with Peasant and suddenly has appeared in it the recipe of the delicious Peasant tortilla.

This is the way you can cook it.

The ingredients are:

4 Eggs
3 Potatoes
Serrano Ham or Spicy sausage (I prefer the one with spicy sausage)
Green pepper (and red if you want)
Onion
Boiled Peas
Olive oil
Salt






First of all, you must grind the serrano ham (or the spicy sausage), the onion and the pepper. Equally, you have to peel and cut the potatoes in slices.

It's time you put two spoons of olive oil in a frying pan and boil the onion wtih the pepper.









When the pepper becomes soft and the onion transparent, you have to add the peas and the ham (or the spicy sausage), stir it during two or three minutes and remove it from heat. 







After this, or at the same time if you have a electric fryer, you have to fry the potatoes. Lets try to do it in a not very hot oil, it's better for the final texture of the Tortilla.

Put some salt in both preparations.






At this point, you break and beat the eggs and, in the end, add the two preparations and mix all the ingredients.






Now, you need to put a small amount of oil in a frying pan, just to get a film in its bottom to prevent the Tortilla from sticking. Heat it and add all the mixed ingredients.

Turn it using a dish to cook both sides.







Finally, you'll get a marvelous Tortilla paisana (Peasant tortilla). One of my favourites.







I hope all of you can enjoy this recipe, especially you, Astrid.





2 comentarios:

Montse dijo...

No he entendido nada, pero por las fotos veo que se trata de una tortilla y que tiene que estar super rica, jaja.
Muchos besos.

hitlodeo dijo...

Sí Montse, es una tortilla paisan. Me gusta mucho esta variante.

Te comprendo, yo tampoco entiendo lo que he escrito, es más, tengo serias dudas de que el lenguaje sea inglés. :)

Besos